中国虚拟军事网(VME)- 专注于武装突袭系列虚拟军事游戏

找回密码
 加入VME

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 4307|回复: 5

[新闻] 505 Games Press Event - London 2009(翻译中)

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-5-26 15:25:14 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

As many of you will have noticed by now Armaholic was invited to join the Arma 2 press event in London by 505 Games which many of you have been following through the Arma 2 Twitter page.
Armaholic was represented by Rock-RKSL from the RKSL Studios and Foxhound. At the event we also met with barmyarmy, scripter of the Armed Assault Theatre of War tournament.
The preview you will read below has been written by Rock-RKSL, I only added some additional information and text and edited the general layout.

Well I could do this like a formal review with lots of snappy quotesand bite sized facts but I suspect you are all tired of shortsuperficial reviews. So you are going to get the facts we know aboutand my own honest opinions.
I've been playing the OFP/ArmA series since 2001 and modding since 2003so I like to think I do know the games quite well. Feel free todisagree with my opinions but this is just my perception of what wewere shown.

Foxhound invited me along to ask the technical andmodding related questions. I've read all the same things as most of youprobably have and I admit I had some preconceptions given some of thecomments from other reviewers and rumours floating around the communityforums. But after listening to the initial demo and explanation givenby James and Jan from Bohemia Interactive Studios I was impressed.

Forget the cynical and nay saying reviews. If you know Armed Assaultand have played it properly before you will see Arma 2 is a hugeimprovement over Armed Assault. If you are reading this without everplaying Armed Assault then it may not sound like a greatest game of alltime but I would seriously suggest you take a good look at ArmA2. Itsnot like any FPS or Tactical shooter out there. Its better.

I'llstart this with some facts. The test machines were pretty good spec. Iwould say slightly above what I would call "average" within my circleof gamers (I checked the DXDiag settings myself).
My own system is pretty similar to the demo PC's but with 8gb of RAMand a EVGA8800GT-KO so I am quite confident that I have a feel for howArmA2 will run on my own rig. One of the BIS guys did mention that heruns ArmA 2 on his E6400 (2.13GHz) and it runs far smoother than ArmedAssault does. And based on what I've seen I don't have any concerns.

System specifications:
    - Windows XP 32bit
    - Core2Duo 8400 @3Ghz (not overclocked)
    - 3Gb of RAM
    - Nvidia 9800GTX+ Graphics

For anyone worried about having to upgrade for ArmA2 my best advice isto wait and see. If you have a dual core processor already loweringsome of the game settings to "normal" or "low" is likely to give you anextra boost in performance even if you don't have a cutting edge PC.

The demo box video settings were:
    - Screen resolution 1680x1050 on a 24" 16:10 TFT
    - Visibility (View Distance) "3499 m"
    - Quality Preference "Very High"
    - Texture detail "High"
    - Video memory "Very High"
    - Antisotropic Filtering "High"
    - Post Processing "High"

Prettymuch everything was on High or above and it was smooth. We didn'treally find anywhere to push the system properly but we did wanderaround one of the villages made up from lots of nice detail objects,fences, bushes and buildings in the hinterland without any noticeableFPS drops. I spent at least 30 mins just watching the other invitedguests trying out features and generally playing around. I reallydidn't see any performance problems at all.

The Changes: What's new?

The game engine
I can only really talk about general things. There wasn't enough time to drag Jan Prazak(BIS) into a corner and make him answer every question I had but he waskind enough to answer quite a lot. You can see Armed Assaults engine inthe game. Its familiar and from a modder's point of view its really notthat different.

Thereare some welcome changes, multi joystick/control pad support for one.So now you can have both joystick and wheel plugged into the game andswap as you like. As with ArmA1 TrackIR 4 and 5 is supported. James (BIS) brought his own Track IR4 on the day to demonstrate.

The biggest change is the engine optimisation. It isn't something thathits you immediately but its something you come to realise. In ArmedAssault the object density was quite low to maintain performance. InArmA 2 there is just so much more going on around you that you have tospend a moment to wonder if the PC you are playing on isn't hooked upto a server farm in the next room.
OK, so its not mind blowing ultra realistic graphics but the sheernumber of moving grass objects, trees and detailed shaded/renderedobjects is very impressive and while the demo PC was a good spec I wasvery impressed to see the engine could handle it easily.

Video, Effects and "The dreaded HDR"
I'm sure many Nvidia users will be overjoyed to hear we didn't see anyevidence of the HDR bug. In fact BIS seem to have toned the HDR effectdown quite a lot. I didn't get totally blinded once looking into thesky. I did see the effects just not on the scale that plagued so manypeople in Armed Assault. On the whole the rendering is a hugeimprovement compared to Armed Assault, however I have to admit therewere some things I did notice that I didn't like about the game engine:

'Glowing Cows' - This is something someone posted about on the Officialforums I think. Well its not just cows that glow. Pretty much anythingwhite becomes almost luminescent with the Post processing set to high.Buildings, vehicles, walls etc. They don't always glow,its just when the light hits them in the right way. I'll be honest I'venever been a fan of Post Processing and I tend to turn it offimmediately but it did just feel a bit too over done. As I said,adjusting the settings does tone it down a bit but I confess; I didfind it very annoying. If you don't like the effect you could justdisable it in your graphics driver settings anyway. The upside of thisis you will probably see and FPS boost too!

Getting Environmental
The environment is the first really obvious change. You can see it inthe screenshots but moving around in the game really does make yourealise just how much the engine has changed. The environment is farricher and more realistic than Sahrani. The grass, the vegetation andambient wild life gives a more immersive feel to the game that ArmedAssault just did not have. There is the obvious departure from the lushsummer greens to the more autumnal browns and copper tones. It makes asurprising difference to the atmosphere and ambience. Everything seemsdarker and a bit more dangerous. Shadows appear deeper and thecamouflage uniforms seem to blend in a lot easier.

Even the sky and clouds have received some attention. I didn't reallytest out the weather options at the time but climbing through 2000m ina X-35 was a pleasant surprise. Gone are the 2D cloud layers. Theclouds are now soft irregular 3D shapes that you can easily fly throughwithout FPS drop unlike some of the early ArmA/OFP weather mods of daysgone by.

We spent some time testing the AI response in a small town, it took mea moment or two to realise but there seems to be far more detail inalmost everything. The new hemispherical shading just seems to add moredepth to objects. Its hard to explain but coming back to my PC thisafternoon I loaded up Armed Assault and it felt empty. Its more of afeeling and that sounds pretty silly while I write this. But ArmA 2'sengine somehow just feels more alive and far less artificial.

Interface
Again an obvious change: The interface. Its not exactly radical changebut it was enough that both Foxhound and I were caught out by the lackof an action menu on the right hand side. After a brief embarrassingmoment searching we found it on the left. The context menus are alsorelocated to the left middle of the screen but are now mouse clickablerather than just accessible via keypress.

The menu system isn't a hugely different from the Armed Assault systemwe are all used to, there are more options depending on your situationof course. The icons for action menu options pop up as usual, albeitwith sometimes confusing new icons. And your team mates are now nolonger faceless stick figures at the bottom of the screen either butactual shots of the characters. How that will translate into MP I don'tknow yet.

Lastly one feature that did please me was the "Interface Size" optionin the video settings. This toggles the default large icons to asmaller and less intrusive size.

Command System
Following on from the interface changes, you now have the ability tocontrol large groups of AI. The method we were shown was frankly one ofthe most impressive parts of the demo and there were lots of "WOW"moments.

If you are the commander (and have the rights to control other groups)it is possible to switch to a new command option. This replaces yourcurrent team icons with those of the other teams and sections underyour command. The application we were shown was an armoured infantryassault on a town with Cobra support. The teams/assets were representedby the NATO standard icons. You can make your AI teams follow complexpaths into an objective very easily now by "stacking" waypoints foreach section to follow. You can then click on each waypoint (as youwould in the mission editor) and assign criteria. eg speed/awarenessetc to each point. You can even drag and edit these waypoints on thefly.

The implication of this is pretty easy to see. Its now possible for oneplayer to dynamically and effectively command a large AI force withease. Making the use of AI in both SP and MP missions far easier. Theimpact of the new command system will be huge. Suddenly ArmA 2 has someproper real time strategy (RTS) possibilities.

Capability: Game Logic Modules
This was another "WOW" moment. There has been much forum chatter aboutthe screenshots showing AI dragging or carrying injured people from thebattle field. All this capability is down to a library of Game Logics,each performing a set function. It was very briefly demonstrated butthe pace of the demo didn't really allow for too many questions at thatpoint. But the idea is to place the appropriate game logic, then linkunit to the game logic. The AI will perform that action coded to thegame logic e.g.:

Suppressive fire: Place the suppressive fire game logic in the area youwant. Place an AI Machine Gunner and link it to the logic. Now when anOPFOR player or AI comes within range it will begin firing suppressivebursts in that area.

The AI medics, civilian population, wildlife and a good many otherfeatures are controlled by the same method. Its really nice to seeaspects like this making it into the game engine. Previously thesesorts of functions were only available via lengthy, complex and oftenproblematic scripts. Now you get them all in easily placed MP friendlyobjects.

AI: Artificial idiocy or Intelligence
I suppose this is the most hotly anticipated area for a lot of people.Has it improved? Well I have to say "Yes!". How much has it improved isreally hard to see without some serious testing.

Path finding - this has always been a key problem with the AI. Theytended to get stuck on fences, behind buildings and refuse to walk downalleys. Now they seem to navigate around these obstacles with far moreease. It was repeated several times to us that Armed Assault AI werecapable of knowing their own position to within a meters or so. ArmA 2AI are now aware down to the centimeter. Its seems this capability isthe key to the new AI's success.

Situational Awareness - Foxhound put the AI to a very simple test. Heplaced two ungrouped OPFOR soldiers on a road junction 30m from him,facing away with no awareness/combat triggers etc (the AI automaticallycovered different arcs). He then tried to creep up behind them. I thinkthe best he managed was 20m away without some AI reaction. You couldsee their reaction to increased danger as first one unit got on hisknees trying to locate the sound I was producing. Only when I crawledahead he heard me, turned around and shot me. (Try it in Armed Assaultand see how close you get). The other units did not respond in a splitsecond however, there is still some delay.
Next he added a 2nd group at the other end of the street, made them 2groups (using F2). As soon as a unit from one group was aware of himthe other group also changed combat mode. This is another sign ofimprovement. They seem to 'communicate' where as before the AI used tobehave like individuals unless given specific orders.

One interesting aspect was the obvious use of the FSM conditionalscripting. Once Foxhound withdrew from the AI's line of sight theyquickly went to covering arcs, while giving suppresive fire on his lastknow location, even using handgrenades. And once he revealed him selfagain they reacted very quickly. They seem far more alert, faster torespond if not more intelligent.
Peaking around the corner afterwards while the enemy was still coveringdifferent arcs did not result in the "magic split second headshot". Ittook them a few seconds to realize he peaked around the corner and thanthey engaged him.

Now for those hoping for or expecting fantastic AI they may well bedisappointed. The differences aren't huge in scenarios like the above.But taken as a complete package there are some real and obviousimprovements. Tie in the AI's new found awareness with the improved FSMscripting and the Game logic modules and you have the makings of somevery impressive Player vs. AI missions if setup properly.

In the demo missions we were shown, you could clearly see the AIadvancing tactically up the street using cover, using bounds andcovering arcs. I really do believe that given the capabilities of theArmA 2 engine we are all going to be finding it a lot harder to playyour PVE missions. AI like this may even get me out of my helicopterand onto the ground again!

Equipment
All the lists of vehicles, aircraft and weapons on http://www.ArmA2.com
There are some "old" Armed Assault favourites: The Harrier, Cobra and afew others are back seemingly unchanged but even these look "shiny andnew" in the new engine. We spent some time quickly running throughmenus and taking a look around the new content.

I'm not going to go into huge detail about what kit is in the game, youcan see most of it on the official website and forums. The majority ofthe models now seem more detailed and realistic. I did try some smallarms but not to the extent I could write a proper review. We're alsotold that the ballistic system has been improved and the data takenfrom real world sources. Its going to be interesting reading what theforums experts make of it.

I did notice that the anims for the weapons I did try were also a bitmore natural than the stock ArmA1 options. They did seem to take a farmore comfortable line in the 1st person view. But in a few cases youcan see hands merging unnaturally with the fore stock of some weapons.

There are also some interesting new aircraft related changes. I'm toldthe flight models for both planes and helicopters are now completelyreworked. Its not something I could really test or compare at the time.There just wasn't a joystick available to make a reasonable comparisonwith. I've never managed to fly properly using keyboard or mouse sountil I can try it with my own sticks we'll have to wait and see.

On the aircraft front there are also some very welcome changesregarding weapons. A lot of the old restrictions have been lifted:
    - Helicopter pilots now control fixed rockets (e.g. FFAR) while the gunner retains the gun and missiles
    - Fixed wing aircraft are no longer limited to one proxy weapon type.So mixed loads can now be carried. This can be seen in publishedscreenshots. I was also told that there weren't any restrictions overwhat can be carried so I assume asymmetric loadouts are now possible onany of the classes
    - Aircraft now have chaff and flares by default
Some of the old restrictions are still there however:
    -Those hoping for the ability to control the helicopters landing gear asthey would a plane's are going to be disappointed. The old automaticgear is still present.
    - Planes still "dive bomb" targets regardless of the weapons used.
    - AI still occasionally misjudge their speed and angle of attack and just crash in to tall objects, trees and high ground.

I was asked about the Tank warfare system a few hours after I got back.Again I cant really comment. Apart from watching someone driving aroundthe map and blatting away at buildings I didn't see or hear anythingelse about it. But I suspect that the improved FSM scripting for AIbehaviour will have a large impact.

Parachutes and HALO - This was also demonstrated. You don't actuallyhave to wear a chute - at least the character we saw jumping didn'thave one on - but freefall was a option. As are controllable chutes,you can now drop and fly your way into the targets with ease.

X-35B (It really isn't an F-35B) - I was specifically asked to look atthis and comment about the VTOL. Simply put the VTOL is not really anydifferent that the ArmA1 Harrier VTOL. The only difference from theHarrier is that the X-35B can lift vertically.

As for the model. (Apologies here BIS) I was really disappointed. Afterso much effort to make so much high quality realistic kit and vehiclesthey made the wrong plane. An X-35 prototype. I know that a few otherpeople and myself have been mentioning this to BIS reps for a whilenow, years in fact. I know its not a huge thing. Its only one plane.And all the other comments people could say but I really did hope thatthey would replace it with a real F-35B.

Ships: Carrier and Destroyers
A lot of forum chatter has been focused on ships and especially the"aircraft carrier". Honestly this was another slightly disappointingarea.

I can confirm there is an Wasp class amphibious assault ship (LPD)which does look very nicely done. The artwork and detail is impressive.You can land on it and do other cool stuff but I can also confirm thatit is an object and not a movable ship.
After some searching we didn't actually find the LPD anywhere in theeditor so I am forced to conclude its a Visitor placed object.

BarmyArmy and I did find a Aegis type Destroyer. Itsank immediately. It just didn't want to float and probably was betterlooking under water. The model really did not show BIS' work off to agood standard and I have wonder about the wisdom of including it.Anyone with VBS2 may recognise it, it appears to be the same model. Itseasily recognisable by the poorly modelled bow gun. The model wasn't upto the same standard as the LPD nor did it appear to be weapons capable.

The old favourite RHIB and other small craft were present as expectedtogether with a variety of new craft. Both civ and military.

Injury system
This promises to be another "game changing feature". Gone are the daysof a shot in the leg killing you immediately. Now it seems you can justtake your time to die. The injury system has had a massive revamp. Wewere told that you can now sustain varying levels of injuries rangingfrom minor wounds that can be fixed with basic first aid to woundsrequiring you to be taken offsite to a field hospital. Combined withthe ability to drag a wounded comrade to safety its an interestingfeature set to add to ArmA2's impressive library.

In the interest of objective comment, I feel that I should say thesystem wasn't demonstrated to me, just explained. The AI I shot didn'treally seem to get injured, they tended to die quickly at close range.I suspect the injury system will come into play at longer ranges than Iwas playing with at the time. But nonetheless if it works half as wellas it was described to me then its going to add yet another compellingdimension to SP and MP games.

The Editor
I'llcut to the chase here. There is no VBS2 style real time editor that Ifound and believe me we poked around all the settings and options alot. On the day there seemed to be some confusion as to whatconstituted a 3D editor. And the confusion made it on to the Twitterfeed.

The editor itself is no different than Armed Assault in layout orfunction. The new engine capabilities and Game logic modules do make iteasier to make far more impressive missions in a shorter time scalewithout having to resort to complex scripting so that should offset thepain of no Real Time Editor.

Campaign

Againthis is another area that made me smile and pay closer attention towhat was said. Many people criticised Armed Assault campaign and SPplayability. From what I heard and saw I really don't think that'sgoing to be the case here. While there is a linear story line thereisn't necessarily a linear path through it. You can pick and chooseyour missions and objectives which then lead you onto other missionswhich may bring you back directly to the core story line or may leadyou further down other branches. The description was compellinglistening and given the extended features and new commandsystem/interface should be worth playing a few times at least. Wedidn't get to play any of the campaign - there just wasn't time - butthe bits we did see look very promising indeed.

In the intro and walk through at the start of the session we were toldabout the various aspects of the game play, features etc. The RPGaspects were key features and a major selling point in the campaign.Don't get your rubber Gnome suit out of the closet just yet though. Wearen't taking WOW or DnD type RPG. You wont have to create playerprofiles or roll dice of any kind. When BIS say "RPG" they mean thatyour behaviour towards the local AI and OPFOR affects the way theyinteract with you. You can actually interact with the civilianpopulation, ask questions. Get intel and maybe get invited to tea withGrandma on Sunday. However, if you were to slaughter your way throughthe first mission you may find that in the later missions the localswould, at best ignore you. At worst arm themselves and fight againstyou.

It seems you need to tread carefully in Chernarus lest you find yourself being chased by a lynch mob!

During the question time a few insights in to the campaign werementioned. One overwhelming objective is to keep your interpreter aliveand well. Without him you wont be able to effectively communicate withthe locals. And should you lose a member of your team your will have torestart that mission again! Interestingly there were hints ofWarfare-esque aspects to the SP game with you having to capture andhold various areas and build up bases etc.

SF missions: Depending on how the mission progresses you might get thechoice to play a side mission, for example to disable enemy armor toprevent those from reinforcing the enemy or having to free a capturedperson being held in a town.
The player is free to except those side mission or continue with his original assignment.

MP - PVP and PVE
For me a good game is one I can play with my mates. I'm not really intoSP gaming anymore. ArmA 2 is shipping with MP features that ArmedAssault did not have at release. An upgraded version of Warfare will beavailable out of the box. There were hints of possibly othermissions/formats but details weren't forthcoming at the time. Oneinteresting MP option was confirmed however. The rumoured option toplay the SP campaign in conjunction with others in a full MP CoOp wasconfirmed. You can each take a role in Team Razor and play your waythrough the campaign cooperatively! A rather nice touch I thought.

The question of max number of players was brought up and answered. Themax suggested number was 64 for stable and practical use. Much afterthat its assumed there will be issues with the netcode etc. However itwas also said that a lot depends on the network lines and server atthat sort of loads so there really is no set figure.

On the day we didn't have the option of MP testing. None of themachines were networked so we don't have any real info on serversnetcode or anti cheat system I'm afraid.

Off the edge of the world
There has been some speculation about the main Chernarus "island".  What lies to the north and western borders?  

"There be land Jim lad!"

Well yeah its land. Right now its not entirely usable but its there.The current build we were shown - this will change apparently, what towe don't know - basically extrudes the border's terrain profile outinto infinity. So if you have a hill straddling the border its profilewill just continue off into the distance.

I have to say I wasn't impressed by this. There are a lot of words Icould use to describe this "feature". Disappointing is a mild one, I'llstick with that for the moment. Jan(BIS) did go on to say that there was an effort under way to ensure itwas textured and randomised but even so I felt it just left the northside of the island feeling unfinished.

VBS2 commands and Features
This is another popular topic of speculation. Have all thefunky/advanced/useful features developed for VBS2 made it into ArmA 2?Simple answer: No.
Some of the more useful easy to port commands have made the leapaccording to rumour but don't expect every VBS2 feature to be availablein ArmA 2.

There were several explanations for this. I really only caught the back end of one: BIS and BIAare both following different product development paths and the productshave diverged so much now its not easy to swap features between theproducts. While they share common roots they aren't as interchangeableas some people believe.

Publishers - North America and Australia/NZ
Again one of the most popular questions I was asked to pose. Well its mostly good news. Mark from 505 confirmed to me that 505 Gameswould be publishing ArmA 2 in the Land Down Under. And the AU/NZrelease date will be "weeks not months behind the European release"!

As for North America. There is no solid info. All the BIS and 505 guys said is that "discussions are preceding".
Keep an eye out on the forums for more information regarding this.

Modding
I was assured that ArmA1 modders wont have a huge learning curve toovercome to bring their own addons in to the ArmA2 game engine. Itsgoing to take some config/model.cfg work and the majority of communitymade content should port over fairly easily. Of course this depends onhow complex the addons are.

For those of us who develop heavy scripted systems however in light ofsome info released on the BIKI there maybe some awkward issues to face.
See the Forward Compatibility Section - http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Editing#Forward_Compatibility
Even then I suspect it will be a case of the community finding news ways to work within the limits.

I also asked the obvious question. When do we get the tools!Unfortunately the 505 guys couldn't really answer that but they willnot come together with the release of the 505 version.
The tools remain the sole domain of BIS.  

This is purely speculation! - However short of abuldozer update to cope with the new upper poly limits and materialsetc I suspect that the existing tools may just be fine for ArmA2. Ihave nothing to back that up. I'm just piecing together bits ofinformation that I've been given about the ArmA 2 engine. It seems thatthe published tool sets may be adequate for ArmA 2. The game appears touse the same model and animation systems. And the engine changes arequite subtle so may not require a complete new tool set.

Islands - The issue of island creation may be a problem though. Jantold me that Chernarus was created in the new Visitor4 Island creationtool. Vis4 is an evolution of Vis3 but according to VBS2 news letterswill not be available to public users. You would have to buy and extraVIS4/Support package to get access. Given the only real differencebetween the two apps is functionality, I think its safe to assume thatVIS3 will be capable of creating islands for ArmA2. This is of courseis speculation on my part but I wasn't given any definite "no"statements when I asked the questions. But looking at Chernarus with amodder's eye there are some changes in the environment that made mewonder if it all just config work or something dependant on new tools.Its hard to judge without all the facts.

Summary
There's a lot of good, not much bad and no really ugly.   

There are a lot of impressive features in this game. Huge amounts ofsubtle detail really, I'm usually fairly cynical about marketing claimsbut ArmA2 is the first game in a long time that has actually made mesay "wow" out loud and in public!

And for the first time since OFP: Resistance I am itching to play acampaign. I am impressed with the visuals, environment and the scale ofwhat BIS have managed to achieve. And I am extremely excited by themodding possibilities of the new engine and commands.

There are some "bad bits", but that's mostly down to personal tastes. Iconfess I was a bit disappointed by the size of the main island 225 sqKm sounds a lot but it in reality its rather small at ~15km a side.Sahrani is much bigger. But the huge amount of the detail packed intothose 225 sq Km is amazing. I confess I had hoped that BIS would givethe aircraft a more extensive overhaul turning the ArmA franchise froma Infantry biased sim into something closer to a proper combined armssystem but I am sure the community will work on that!

What do the developers think
We asked Janhow he felt about the upcoming 505 Games release knowing the releasedate was pushed forward. Specially since the dev's themselves statednot to long ago the "early" release from Armed Assault was adisappointment.
Jan was confident and without doubt this time BISwould release a game of which they are proud and confident and wouldfullfill what they promised the community. They did their best to notpromise any features which would not be implemented in the game.
The team at BIS have been expanded on different departments withoutside people as well as people working on only specific items forthem to make sure Arma 2 would be a complete game at release. He gaveus some numbers but those slipped my mind
Of course there is always things they would have liked to add beforethe release but now those might come in a future patch (or expansion).

What do we think
Rock-RKSL
All in all I am very impressed. The new capabilities, the newhemispherical shaders and game play aspects make ArmA the best tacticalshooter I've seen since BIS' original Operation Flashpoint appeared in2001. I suppose the obvious questions to ask are "Do I recommend ArmA2and would I spend my money on ArmA2?"

Simple answer: Yes! On both counts. Its the engine that ArmA1 shouldhave had from the start. You can see the effort and thought that hasgone into it. Pay the money, play the game and have fun. I am confidentthat this is going to kick the crap out of Flashpoint: Dragon Rising.

Foxhound
As all other community members till yesterday I had to read the infoposted by other website, magazines and gaming communities to get anidea about Arma 2 and what it would give us.
However I was confident the product BIS would release would be up toour standards and yesterdays press event prooved that to me. Of courseas you have been able to read above not everything is "all of the best"and I am sure at release there will be bugs and different things whichpeople will not like. But that is where this great community steps in,there are so many people capable of making or changing just that whatis being missed all BIS have to do is provide a solid base for thecommunity to build on.
With Arma 2 they have done that to my opinion. You will be able toenjoy this game from the day you buy it while we know as soon as thecommunity gets up to speed it will only get better!

As I said on Twitter, I can't wait to get my hands on this game, callthe company I will be out of office for some time and play 24/7.

We would like to thank all people who made it possible for us to cometo the press event as well as for the perfect location and serviceduring the event.
James and Jan from Bohemia Interactive Studio
Mark from 505 Games
Dan from New Media Maze
Luck from Bastion
Rock-RKSL from the RKSL Studios (thanks for writting this awesome preview mate!)
barmyarmy from Armed Assault Theatre of War tournament (thanks for the good talk and guiding me inside London!)
And more who's name I sadly forgot but I have asked Dan to get me up to date with those!

楼主| 发表于 2009-5-26 16:20:35 | 显示全部楼层

择要翻译

要点1:

有个BIS的娃在E6400 (2.13GHz)的机器上跑ArmA2感觉比ArmA跑的还要流畅……(Alex.XP:Q6600泪流满面……)

要点2:

在如此配置之上:
- Windows XP
- Core2Duo 8400 @3Ghz (未超频)
- 3Gb内存
- Nvidia 9800GTX+ 显卡
可以开到如此画质:
- 分辨率 1680x1050
- 能见度 "3499米"(Alex.XP:3499……这卖电脑呢?)
- 画质总体级别 "Very High"
- 材质细节 "High"
- 显存占用 "Very High"
- 各向异性过滤 "High"
- 3D后期处理 "High"
另外在如此环境之下老外们感觉到画面是那样的丰富并且帧数那样的不会有明显波动,总之是这样的牛叉!

要点3:

引擎改进:
- 多种摇杆及游戏控制器的支持,你可以把你身边各种各样的东东都插上去爽!
- 引擎性能的极大提升!此处省略牛叉介绍若干……

画质、特效及“可怕的HDR效果”:
- 画面及HDR特效相对ArmA都有极大的提升,HDR效果(也就是俗称全屏幕泛光)相比以往的演示视频,BI已经有意调低了!(Alex.XP:BI也发现了HDR越高画面越真实这脑残观念了……)
- 大家惊诧的“发光奶牛”错误效果依然存在,而且不光是奶牛,任何有白颜色的房屋、这东西那东西甚至睡眠都有可能在一定的视角下发出不可思议的光芒!那么唯一的解决办法只能是:俺家BI叔叔说了,关,是检验此问题能否解决的唯一标准。

环境改进:
- 游戏环境灰常之写实,灰常之漂亮,细节相比Arma是灰常之丰富口牙!
- 天空的变化灰常之明显,尤其是云彩和天气的变化,现在灰灰机是一种灰常好滴享受并且帧数还没有明显下降口牙!
- AI的动作提升灰常之明显,相比ArmA而言变得灰常之丰富和活泼,但是还是有点人造或呆板的感觉口牙!

界面变化:
- 游戏界面相比以往木有特别大的变化,无非就是调整了位置和适应鼠标操作,或者将文字用图标代替……
- 设置中可以调整用户界面的显示比例和大小。

指挥系统变化:
- 新的指挥界面能够让你指挥更大一帮的弟兄们
- 指挥界面采用了北约标准军用标识
- 新的指挥系统能够让诸位在单人和多人游戏中更方便的下达命令,更加适合玩RTS模式

能力:游戏逻辑模块(Alex.XP:有点不太明白这个,好像ArmA2能够在游戏进行过程中实时放置游戏逻辑模块了,应该是游戏实时编辑功能中的一项内容,用来弥补AI自主判断的不足)
- 急救和拖拽:大家在前期预览视频中看到的抢救和拖拽受伤队友的特性实际上是一个游戏逻辑模块了,也就是说可能必须在游戏中放置一个游戏逻辑模块然后再将AI链接到这个模块他才会使用这个特性,而不是AI自主实施
- 压制射击:同样需要在你认为需要的地方防止一个游戏逻辑模块,然后将AI链接到这个模块,这样当敌人进入这个区域时,AI会进行压制性射击
- 动物、平民等单位可以更加方便的添加到多人模式中了

AI:人工低能还是人工智能(Alex.XP:我靠,原文就是这样说的……)
- AI有改进,但是因为没有进行充分的测试,所以看上去还不明显
- 路径寻找:AI能够更加聪明的寻找路径和判断障碍物了,在ArmA中AI的判断精度是米,而ArmA2中AI的判断精度是厘米。
- 环境认知:AI的危险判断距离增加了,现在AI能够在较远的地方发现危险(比如听到异常声音)并理科采取行动,同理如果是两组不同阵营的小队间如有任何一个成员发现了危险,那么这个小队也会马上采取相应的行动,同时敌对小队也会有相应反应,但是在判断和反应上依然会有一定延迟。
- AI使用了很明显的FSM(有限状态机)条件脚本,AI现在会有很快的反应去寻找掩体、采用多种方式进行射击和压制射击,现在AI很多情况下并不会在发现敌人的时候马上“开枪射击并爆头”,而是会先寻找掩体然后在进行射击。
- 总体来说在使用了逻辑模块和FSM脚本后,AI的表现有很大的提升,在对抗AI的时候难度大大的增加,但是其提升幅度可能会让那些对AI的改进有很多很多期待的玩家略感失望。
发表于 2009-5-26 19:35:12 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 novelekehe 于 2009-5-26 19:55 编辑

大哥,害人的空格呀!看着好费眼睛呀。而且还有好多错别字。是机器翻译的吗?
发表于 2009-5-26 20:36:53 | 显示全部楼层
牛人...  牛人...一个月内...
发表于 2009-5-27 08:10:49 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 Kleist 于 2009-5-27 08:12 编辑

AI:人工智能还是人工低能?(这标题写的::L)
那些希望AI有神奇功能的玩家要失望了,阿妹2的AI和一代几乎没什么区别,要非常非常仔细的观察才能发现一点点区别
BI大半年都在搞啥啊?怎么我最期待的AI还是没变化:@

PS:用E6400的是来自BI的老兄好不好,哪有什么女娃;:P
发表于 2009-5-27 10:42:11 | 显示全部楼层