[公告] 武装突袭3 ACE纠纷

[复制链接]
发表于 2013-4-2 17:30:20 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
前ACE的主开发者Xeno退出喽
 楼主| 发表于 2013-4-2 17:31:14 | 显示全部楼层
Wrong. I skip A3 because of Steam.

Xeno表示:
Wrong. I skip A3 because of Steam.
There are some long time modders I know who will do the same. And those are people who have quite some knowledge of the engine and even worked for BI before.

Reality is, the number of people who are able to mod the game is declining. And the people who entered the scene are more concerned about seeing their name in the A3 credits (first 500 buying the supporter version) than investing lots of time and make content for others for free.

And how about you ? How about not making youtube videos anymore and start modding ? You won't make any money with modding though (compared to youtube videos)...
 楼主| 发表于 2013-4-2 17:32:47 | 显示全部楼层
Shacktac的Dslyecxi反驳:
This is such a toxic post.

Yeah, some people will stop modding for A3. Some people stopped with A2, some never made the jump from OFP to Arma1. Life goes on. Your efforts were appreciated and you will not be forgotten, but you are kidding yourself if you think that modding isn't a continually renewing cycle of contributors. You leave, others show up in your place. It's the circle of modding life.

Your cynicism is not new, but this post shows it well. The comment about people buying a supporting edition instead of modding is comical - the two aren't even vaguely comparable. Making a purchase of a game is an entirely different beast from making a commitment towards modding.

The fact that you resort to attacking CHKilroy for his video content is such a myopic viewpoint. CHK, and people like him, have given Arma exposure - bringing in fresh blood, showing off how the game can be played, and inspiring players. I hear about this all the time both relating to his and to my own video productions. The implication that what you do is valuable and pure, while what he (or I) do is somehow a corruption and not contributing to the community... that doesn't hold water. It comes across as bitter ranting at best.

Oh, and I also mod. I don't contribute to ACE - your toxic attitude has ensured that in the past - but I do mod, and I do enjoy seeing other people using what I've created or helped to create. I've been able to keep a healthy enough perspective on the situation to not sink into this nasty cynicism that you developed over the years.

Don't pretend that Steam is the ONLY reason you're deciding to stop. You've been unhappy about Arma long before that, stressed out for your own personal reasons, and Steam almost certainly is being used as a convenient 'straw that broke the camel's back' for you. I'll happily throw the bullshit flag on anyone with an investment in the series who makes the claim that Arma3 being on Steam is enough to cause them to leave the series entirely. I simply don't buy that.

Xeno, I sincerely thank you for your contributions to Arma in the past. It was appreciated. If you choose to leave now, I hope it's for the right reasons, and I hope you're happier for it. Just don't feel the need to shit on the rest of us on your way out.
 楼主| 发表于 2013-4-2 17:34:07 | 显示全部楼层
是个月前的事了,Xeno不成熟
下班了,没时间翻译和解读了...自已看吧,留下原文
http://www.reddit.com/r/arma/com ... ey_have_and/c8npidx
发表于 2013-4-2 18:37:51 | 显示全部楼层
不过arma系列越来越多的吸收了ace的设定
比如arma2加入了翻越障碍,oa加入了下坠神马的。。。
而且我很不喜欢ace的选单式界面,感觉很不爽
希望arma能够越来越强大,对ace的依赖性越来越低

不过说来说去ace还是在我心中最nb的arma mod,如果真就没了未免是一大遗憾呐。。。
 楼主| 发表于 2013-4-2 18:47:36 | 显示全部楼层
GFather 发表于 2013-4-2 18:37
不过arma系列越来越多的吸收了ace的设定
比如arma2加入了翻越障碍,oa加入了下坠神马的。。。
而且我很不 ...

ACE有些东西确实已经被3代吸收了
除非3代正式版把ACE的东西全部都做到,否则ACE MOD肯定还是会有,少了一个Xeno还有其他moder来接替这个工作,光是他们那个team也还有不少核心人物,像参与six开发的stickboy啦那些也是ACE主开发者之一
本来mod开发就是前人挖坑后人填,ACE可能只是需要1年时间,它确实是arma里最好的mod了
发表于 2013-4-2 19:04:22 | 显示全部楼层
fenghan213 发表于 2013-4-2 18:47
ACE有些东西确实已经被3代吸收了
除非3代正式版把ACE的东西全部都做到,否则ACE MOD肯定还是会有,少了一 ...

其实我觉得即使全吸收了也有新东西可做
而且arma3的时代背景设定让我很不爽,还是喜欢arma2的样子。什么埋头弹啊,电磁炮啊,共轴反旋翼的mi28真是。。。
所以我对arma3ace最大的期望就是他能整合出一套现代的东西,总是感觉没有m4大战ak就不叫arma

只是想到时候会不会又有一些让我很蛋疼的东西。。。比如什么奇葩的菜单栏啦,什么不会使的地雷啦
对ace真是爱的越深,恨得也越深啊

点评

坐等arma2 rearm,呵呵  发表于 2013-4-3 20:23
发表于 2013-4-2 20:42:26 | 显示全部楼层
就算功能上都吸收了,还有武器可以做么 各种经典武器载具飞机,再说功能上也不可能就止步不前没新东西了
发表于 2013-4-2 21:30:09 | 显示全部楼层
...睡意全無
发表于 2013-4-2 21:35:12 | 显示全部楼层
道理Dslyecxi都說明白了
Xeno, I sincerely thank you for your contributions to Arma in the past. It was appreciated. If you choose to leave now, I hope it's for the right reasons, and I hope you're happier for it. Just don't feel the need to shit on the rest of us on your way out.
发表于 2013-4-2 22:23:27 | 显示全部楼层
一个月以前玩个毛的ARMA3
发表于 2013-4-2 22:28:10 | 显示全部楼层

看看吧

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?加入VME

x
发表于 2013-4-3 02:59:24 | 显示全部楼层
Arma2的时候,ACE和ACRE是必装的mod, ACE服是唯一上的arma2服,期待ACE For Arma3发扬光大
发表于 2013-4-3 14:35:32 | 显示全部楼层
你才知道

点评